How to Use the RAVPower Filehub as a Wireless Bridge
Wi-Fi is always convenient until it goes out of range. Ever had that time when you're comfortably seated on a sofa but the Wi-Fi is just a few feet out of range? RAVPower Filehub works in a pinch. It can extend the wireless signal for you. This article shows you how to set up your Filehub so that it can act as a bridge between the wireless router and your device.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. You will see a blue led light up (middle led). This means you have turned the wireless router mode on successfully.
- Use your mobile device or PC to connect via wifi to your Filehub. The SSID should be in the form FileHub-XXXX where XXXX is a 4 digit alphanumeric characters.
- Activate your web browser and go to http://10.10.10.254 - this is the default IP address of your FileHub.
- Log in as admin. The default username is "admin" and the default password is blank.
- Click on Network to enter Network Settings.
- Click on Internet tab. The whole window will be dimmed for a short while. This is due to the Filehub scanning for wireless networks available.
- Click on the triangle in the text box to select a wireless network and type in the password.
IMPORTANT: If your wireless network is not detected, please change the wireless channel between 1-11, change the wireless encryption to WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and make your SSID visible. You can set the SSID invisible again after the initial set-up.
- Click save.
- If the settings are successfully saved, you will be brought back to the main menu.
- If the Filehub successfully acquired internet access, the internet led (left led) will light up.
We hope that this article has been helpful in showing you how to use the Ravpower Filehub RP-WD02.
Please email us if there're any corrections, improvements or any questions. Thank you!
I love anything that makes life easier & enjoyable. I don't get things right the first, second or third time around. So, I strongly believe the saying, "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.