Who is this for?
This applies to both the Wetek Hub and the Wetek Play 2.
What you’ll need
- USB or micro SD formatted in FAT32.
- Internet connection to download the firmware. If you already have the firmware, you don’t need an internet connection anymore.
Download the latest firmware (Choose below)
- Wetek Hub latest firmware
- Wetek Play 2 latest firmware
Next, copy it in a FAT32 formatted USB drive or a micro-sd. Do not extract the zip file.
If you’re coming from WeOS version 1
Whether you have version 1 or 2, the process is the same. The only difference is the way it looks.
1. Find the WE.update app.
2. Select Local Update.
3. Select external_storage.
4. If you placed the zip file in a micro-sd card, select sdcard1. If you placed it in a USB, select udisk0.
5. Locate & select your zip file.
6. You’ll be asked to confirm if you want to update. Select OK.
When you see that familiar green android with the inside gears turning, you’ve done your part. The update should take about 5-10 minutes, depending on the scope of the update.
I hope this tutorial has been helpful to you. Please comment below if you have any questions or if there’re improvements I can do on the post. Thank you for reading this!